WavePlayer is a fully customizable, responsive HTML5 audio player plugin for WordPress. Its interface is built around the waveform of the audio file that is playing back.
Here is a list of the main features of the audio player:
- responsive interface, with a modern looking style
- HTML5 support
- four different sizes that automatically adapt the audio player to your page
- full integration with the WordPress Media Manager
- full integration with WooCommerce Shop and Product pages
- Visual Editor in WordPress Post Editor
- archival of peak files for an instantaneous access to the waveforms
Audio Player Changelog
- NEW: Added a track sharer for LinkedIn
- BUGFIX: Peak files for new external files don’t get generated
- BUGFIX: Player does not load on website where WooCommerce is not installed or active
- BUGFIX: Players don’t show the spinning icon when page is loading
- BUGFIX: On WooCommerce Shop Page, the first item never gets listed
- BUGFIX: When batch creating WooCommerce products, progress bar doesn’t work properly
- NEW: A new customizable Playlist Panel: webmasters can configure the info and buttons displayed on each row
- NEW: WooCommerce integration: Preview Files and Music Type (singles or albums) for simple, virtual, music, downloadable products
- NEW: WooCommerce integration: plenty of options to automatically integrate the player in your music products
- NEW: WooCommerce integration: webmasters can now create products based on audio files using a batch process. It is also possible to add a cart button on both the Info Bar and the Playlist Panel that interact with WooCommerce cart through AJAX
- NEW: Peak files now get generated upon uploading of new audio files
- NEW: Loading times have been reduced enormously. WavePlayer now loads all the instances on one page with a single AJAX call to the server. This allows all the instances to load simultaneously
- NEW: New placeholders to insert info and buttons (like, share, cart, statistics) in both the Info Bar and the Playlist Panel
- NEW: Plugin’s options don’t get removed from the database when removing the plugin. This is particularly useful when updating to a new version of the plugin without losing your favorite settings
- NEW: Managing peak files from the Maintenance tab of the Settings page is now easier and more advanced
- NEW: Thumbnails for audio files in the Media Library can now show the title of a track instead of the file
- NEW: Current position and total length of the current track are now shown on the waveform
- FIX: Minor CSS improvements
- BUGFIX: Info Bar broken when inserting the
- BUGFIX: Mouse hovering the waveform did not produce the right effect
- BUGFIX: Playback was not available until all instances in the page completed loading
- NEW: Thanks to a completely rewritten AJAX call strategy, instance loading is now twice as fast as before.
- NEW: In case of multiple instances in one page, the instances load in the order they appear on the page (from top to bottom).
- NEW: It is now possible to choose whether WavePlayer override the audio shortcode or not
- NEW: WavePlayer is now fully compatible with Internet Explorer 11. The compatibility with Internet Explorer 9 and 10 will be improved soon.
- BUGFIX: The
audioshortcode did not look correctly in the Post Editor and it was not possible to edit its content.
- NEW: When automatically replacing an
audioshortcode, WavePlayer now tries to verify if the URL provided actually corresponds to an attachment in the Media Library. If it does, it replace the URL with the ID of such attachment.
- BUGFIX: Automatic replacement of audio shortcodes does not work if the
srcattribute is not provided
- NEW: The Info Bar will automatically hide if one of the placeholders used in the template does not get replaced by any data value
NEW: A spinning icon shows the loading status of the player. This is particularly useful when loading a file for the first time or from a remote location.
BUGFIX: Getting peaks for remote audio files generates cross domain XHR error
- BUGFIX: Track’s title not displaying properly when original audio file does not have the corresponding ID3 tag
- NEW: Introducing a new taxonomy ‘Music Genre’ for attachments
NEW: Create a player that will automatically include all audio files pertaining to one or more ‘Music Genre’
NEW: Create an instance simply providing the URL of an external audio file: WavePlayer will retrieve all the info stored in the ID3 tags, including a cover art picture if available, and make a local copy for a faster future access (only the ID3 tags and the cover art will be stored locally, not the audio file).
NEW: Customize the default image that appears when a track does not have its own thumbnail
FIX: Color Pickers now work also in the Media Manager, not only in the WavePlayer Settings page
FIX: Minor interface improvements
- BUGFIX: Default settings not applying correctly to the shortcode when editing its properties in the Media Manager
BUGFIX: ‘autoplay’ not working properly in combination with ‘repeat_all’
FIX: A recent Chrome update changed some CSS default behaviors that messed up with the aspect of the player controls
FIX: Minor improvements to the styling of the player controls
- BUGFIX: WavePlayer preview not showing properly in the post editor on some WordPress multisite installations
- NEW: Multisite support. WavePlayer is now fully compatible with any WordPress Multisite installation
FIX: Graphic improvements in Safari
- NEW: Added a volume control
NEW: Added a button to toggle the visibility of the title bar
BUGFIX: the “NEXT” skip button disappears on last track even with repeat_all activated if the playlist only contains two tracks
- First release